03 August 2010

Something for me

It was my boys' Great Grandfather's 90th Birthday on Sunday and the whole extended family had a little afternoon tea to celebrate







On Saturday night I decided I wanted a new hair accessory to wear and raided all my fabric scraps and made up some reversible headbands to wear. I didn't have any interfacing but I didn't worry about it as I used denim on the undersides which gave them a little stiffness






Unfortunately, having two boys, my fabric stash is VERY boy related so I didn't have any lovely girly prints to make the headbands up with (don't mind my unbrushed hair in the photos ...)






But I was so happy to have finally made something for me I thought I would make some other little things for me - starting with a bag. I ducked into Tessuti's yesterday and purchased some snakeskin print (well they call it python) cotton for the exterior and will be using chocolate brown linen from my stash for the lining. I'm making a simple shoulder bag and if it turns out OK I've got my eye on another pattern to try.





I also purchased my very first copy of Ottobre magazine! Now I really feel like I have joined the sewing mums club.
Oh, and I wore the headband with the blue and black geometric print to the party - nobody commented on it so I'm not sure if I looked like a completely eccentric lunatic?

1 comment:

  1. The headbands are lovely, they look quite funky and girly - definitely not eccentric/loony style!

    ReplyDelete