21 August 2010

Clutch Bag and Coin Purse


I completed the matching coin purse to go with the clutch bag. What I like most about this little purse is that it has both a zippered compartment for coins and a little section to put your credit cards and notes - very handy.

It was quite quick and easy to make - although I did break a needle on my sewing machine sewing through some of the thicker parts.

It went together with this clutch as a little farewell present for J's pre-school teacher who is going off on extended leave for 6 or 7 months.






It's the first handbag I have given or even really shown anyone so I was interested in seeing the teacher's expressions. Unfortunately I don't think she was that impressed as she didn't really look at the clutch at all - so she didn't see the polka dot lining and because she didn't open the bag, I don't think she even knew there was a matching coin purse in there as well. Of course she was gracious and said "Thank you, you really didn't have to buy me a gift' and then she just put it away.
Maybe zebra print just isn't her style?

No comments:

Post a Comment