01 August 2010

Zippered Pouch

J currently has an obsession for all things Dinosaur and on a wet and rainy Saturday we decided to explore Sydney a little and took him to see the Dinosaur exhibition at the Australia Museum in the city. Although it was only a small exhibition, J had the time of his life. But I think the part that he enjoyed the most was the trip to the giftshop afterwards where they had shelves of dinosaur toys! Of course he was able to pick out a little present for himself and he chose a packet of large dinosaurs.

J also has about 12 small dinosaurs which he has been diligently carrying around with him and I have been promising all week to make him a little bag to keep the dinosaurs in. So when one of the ladies at EB showed me a link to a Make It Perfect zippered pouch tutorial I knew I had to give it a go!


The instructions called for a 7 inch zip but when I raided my sewing kit, I only had a 6 inch zip so I just adjusted the width of the pouch by an inch to accomodate (it was Friday night and I had had a few vinos so there was no way I was going out to buy a zip!).

It was such an easy to follow tutorial - I only had to unpick once and that was because I was so clever and managed to sew nice and close to the zip - so close that material would get caught in the zipper teeth when you opened it.

So here's the final product - you can see it is a perfect size for all those little dino's! I can see quite a few more of these pouches being sewn up in different sizes - don't you think a little one in Christmas material would be perfect for holding an iTunes card or gift card for Christmas presents?






Now J is asking for a bag for the big dinosaurs we bought at the Museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment