21 July 2010

Hiding the clutter with drawstring bags

I found this great tutorial from bunnybum on sewing drawstring bags and thought it was just what I needed to clean up some of the kids toys

http://sewbunnybum.blogspot.com/2008/05/drawstring-bag-tutorial.html


The bags are fully lined and bunnybum assures me it is great for beginners so I bought some material and gave it a try.



I am so impressed with these bags I have made them in lots of different sizes. J has one especially for his little cars. The green and blue dot bag above has a 50 piece puzzle in it whose box has been long since been destroyed (and yet we still seem to have all the pieces - go figure!). The large multi coloured dot bag has all N's lamaze toys in it.

You can see that I started to get very confident and even did an appliqued Batman bag.

I've started to make plenty more to use instead of gift wrapping - all those kids presents are so big and bulky that these bags are just perfect to wrap them and then they can use them as library bags, toy bags, whatever afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment