20 July 2010

A gift for a newborn baby boy

One of my girlfriends has just given birth to a bouncing baby boy named Christopher. She received so many presents of clothing and toys (including 4 playmats) at her baby shower I thought I would make her a little pram blanket as a welcoming gift for Christopher, given that it is winter! This is the first handmade gift I have ever given so hopefully she doesn't mind it.











I love the colour combination of chocolate and light blue for baby boys - masculine but still gentle and not too cliched like pale blue and white. I personalised the blanket with an embroidered letter 'C'.



The outside is a striped quilter's cotton and the underside is a pale blue polar fleece. I am not normally a polar fleece fan but this one is so thin and beautifully soft that I brought it instead of blue minky.

Hopefully it will keep little Christopher warm this winter
!

No comments:

Post a Comment