21 July 2010

DIY Chalkboard Cloth

I saw this fantastic tutorial for a Chalkboard Mat which will be fantastic for J when we go out to dinner. And it got me thinking .....

Being inner city dwellers we don't have much space in our little terrace so instead of having a chalkboard for the boys bought some chalkboard paint from Porters Paints in a fabulous shade of blue and we painted a wall in the backyard. The colour choices for the chalkboard paints was amazing (I think about 12) but I decided on Blue Waves in the end. J loves drawing on his chalkboard.





So I had quite a bit of the chalkboard paint left over and I wondered if I could make my own chalk cloth - hmmmm. I've just bought some material from the remnants bin at my local Spotlight (no point ruining good material) which said it was a Rigid Denim. I've just put the second coat of paint on now - it needs 2 days drying time according to the instructions.





Hopefully this will work out, I can think of so many uses for it. I'll let you know how it goes.....

2 comments: